I recently discovered R. M. Wilburn, author of the Buggy Crenshaw Adventures, a Young Adult series titled In Search of the Nexus. I was drawn to this author’s wit and fantastical illustrations, a self-described “scrimboodler extraordinaire.” The children in my life adore stories such as Wilburn’s, as do I. See this author’s work here!
Imagine my delight when a writer I admire honored me with The Versatile Blogger Award–a perfect way to kick off Margarita Moments’ second year!
With this honor comes responsibility. I met the first and second by thanking my wonderfully talented nominating blogger and linking back to Wilburn’s blog for all to enjoy.
As for the third, I have to share seven facts about myself. Hmm. That’s challenging. I find it far easier to answer questions, like when I was tagged by Jan Romes. (Speaking of my writer pal, her new light-hearted romantic suspense, Stay Close, Novac! is FREE on Amazon through Friday, June 8th. Order it here if interested.)
After much thought, here are some silly-to-serious facts about me that most people outside of my family wouldn’t know
and likely could live without, but what the heck, it’s part of the award rules:
- I possess Morton’s Toe. No, this isn’t anything gross, unless you think a person whose second toe is longer than her big toe should cover those piggies. Also called Celtic toe, it’s a hereditary trait like having dimples or a widow’s peak hairline.
- Broccoli is my favorite veggie. I could eat it steamed every day and be quite content.
- After many devoted years to Pindar Winter White, a great local wine vintnered here on Long Island, I converted to red wines. My current favorites are Argentinian Malbecs. Love for wine and wineries made research for my Sapphire Falls trilogy a pleasure.
- Like many authors, I write in more than one genre. I enjoy creating giggle poetry (yet to be published) which satisfies my desire to spout immature potty humor. I’ve also recently outlined a women’s fiction/psychological thriller I can’t wait to write after I finish my current works-in-progress.
- I love when my husband whispers to me. Enough said?
- My favorite story is Henry James’ novella, “Beast in the Jungle.” I highly recommend it as a rainy day read. Then tell me if it changed your outlook on life like it did mine.
- I participated in Girl Scouts from Brownies to Senior Scouts and earned the Gold Award. I credit scouting, and my Junior Scout leader in particular, with helping me believe in myself and my abilities. Amazing how one person can make such a difference in a child’s life.
My fourth and final responsibility as an award recipient is to pay it forward. Nominations will be announced Thursday when I post your Margarita Moment.
Please share a silly or serious fact about you! If that doesn’t appeal to you, perhaps suggest a Margarita Moment topic you’re dying to read. After all, this blog is for you.
Please tune in Thursday to learn who won the “surprise” first blogiversary prize for commenting on any of May’s Margarita Moment posts. See you then!