Welcome! Kick off your shoes and slip into a comfy pair of flip flops.
Back in late April, the weather here on Long Island was unseasonably warm. On one of those beautiful afternoons, my husband and I hit the jackpot–home without the kids.
Our pool wasn’t open yet, but that didn’t stop him from grabbing the loungers out of the backyard shed while I poured wine and plated chips and salsa. All that was missing was a palm tree swaying in the breeze.
And some laidback, tropical tunes.
That got me to thinking. Margarita Moments aficionados need a playlist. Here’s the compilation to date (Titles to be added with reader suggestions!):
- Margaritaville – Jimmy Buffett
- Key West Address – James T. Slater
- Toes – Zac Brown Band
- Living on Key West Time – Howard Livingston & Mile Marker 24
- No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problems – Kenny Chesney
- Pour Me a Vacation – Pete Harris
- Hot Sand, Pina Coladas, and Caribbean Beer – Seth Turner
- Changes in Latitude – Jimmy Buffett
- I Don’t Have to Be Me Until Monday – Steve Azur
- Here in the Conch Republic – Howard Livingston & Mile Marker 24
- Key West Intermezzo (I Saw You First) – John Mellencamp
- Looe Key Tiki Bar – Howard Livingston & Mile Marker 24
- When the Sun Goes Down – Kenny Chesney
- Two Pina Coladas – Garth Brooks
- Blame it on the Margaritas – Howard Livingston & Mile Marker 24
- Meet Me in the Keys – Howard Livingston & Mile Marker 24
- I’m Living on an Island – Howard Livingston & Mile Marker 24
- Red Wine - UB40
- All Summer Long - Kid Rock
- Baby I Love Your Way – Big Mountain
Have you ever heard of #2? If this song’s lighthearted lyrics and video doesn’t get those flip flops dancing, I don’t know what will. Enjoy!
I love this YouTube slideshow of one of my favorite tunes.
Do you have any songs to add to our playlist? Where do you buy your comfy flip flops?
Blogging this past month was really fun! Thanks for helping celebrate Jolyse Barnett’s Margarita Moments & Other Escapes first blogiversary. All May commenters’ names were placed in a hat (one slip per comment) and my obliging daughter randomly picked out the winner. Congratulations to Catie Rhodes!!! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your address and your handpainted, crystal Lolita Margarita glass will soon be on its way. I look forward to future giveaways that include a copy of my latest release. It’s only a matter of hard work, luck, and timing, right? :)