This page is dedicated to chart writing progress through particpation in Kait Nolan’s Round of Words in 80 Days, “the writing challenge that knows you have a life.”
Update for Sunday, January 13, 2013:
- Attend a Writing Workshop. Registered for my chapter workshop with Cherry Adair, the weekend of March 2nd!
- Read 2 books for enjoyment. I’m reading Joann Ross’ contemporary romance Sea Glass Winter, and Bill O’Reilly’s Killing Kennedy.
- Write 500 new words for current WIP daily. Done!
- Critique partner’s next chapter each week. She hasn’t sent it yet, so I’m beta reading.
- Write an article for LIRW Shoreline’s newsletter. Began brainstorming ideas for next month’s newsletter.
- Complete final revisions on A Daughter’s Final Promise I need to get back to this book. I entered it in a contest in September, and received my contet scores and feedback on Friday. I didn’t win, but the feedback will be helpful when I go back to this.
- Take a writing course: MI’m taking Death and Taxes, an RWAUniversity online course about the business side of writing, and I’ve signed up for a craft course by them as well. The second course starts next week.
- Read and comment on 5 blog posts per day. Done!
- Engage in social media 1/2 hour per day. Done!
- Pilates for 20 minutes per day. Done!
- Do free weight exercises for alternating days of 20 and 10 minutes. I’m having shoulder problems related to last year’s slip and fall. I’ve been weight lifting lower body only.
- Create weekly blog for Margarita Moments. Brainstorming and writing the post today.
- Write to my dad once a week. I’ve been lax on this one. Will get back into the habit this week!
- Brainstorm ideas and continue plotting my next WIP. I have character sketches complete and beginning to plot. I’m researching the settings.
- Return to contemporary romance WIP I ditched last July. I haven’t begun this yet. Very focused on my novellas right now. Plan to reread the first eight chapters this week and revisit my plot outline to figure out how to heighten the tension and move the story along faster.
To cheer on fellow ROWers, visit the ROW Linky Page.