Tis the season of weddings, First Communions, and graduations. Last week, my family celebrated our daughter’s college graduation. I was tempted to cry, but she wouldn’t have approved. I’m thrilled for her, confident she is ready for the next step of her journey. It also doesn’t hurt that she’ll be home with us for a year before moving onto medical school. (How can a mom resist that cute face?)
Hard to believe, but Margarita Moments & Other Escapes celebrates its second blogiversary on Friday! One randomly selected reader will receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card, just for commenting on today’s post. You’ve got to enter to win!*
All Gave Some, Some Gave All.
As much as we enjoy our Memorial Day weekend barbeques and pool parties, the meaning behind this holiday is bittersweet. Our hearts and minds remember those who have fought and died for us to have the many freedoms we savor as Americans.
Have a safe, relaxing holiday with your loved ones. Celebrate on behalf of those who can’t because they’re too busy keeping us safe.
1.5 L White Wine (ie. Mescato)
1.5 cups Peach Absolut Vodka
1-2 cans of frozen lemonade
Strawberries (in chunks)
Granny Smith Apples (in chunks)
Serve over Ice or with Seltzer
JOLYSE’S HIGHLY RECOMMENDED POOLSIDE READS
- The Temporary Wife by Jeannie Moon (Contemporary Romance)
- Tempting the Billionaire by Jessica Lemmon (Contemporary Romance)
- Stella in Stilettos by Jan Romes (Romantic Comedy/KW)
- The Crossfire Novels by Sylvia Day (Erotic Romance)
- Freeways to Flip-Flops by Sonia Marsh (Travel Memoir/Belize)
- Four Days with Hemingway’s Ghost by Tom Winton (Fiction/KW)
- Confessions of a Key West Cabby by Michael Suib (Short Stories/KW)
Now it’s your turn.
Share any milestones, Memorial Day stories, suggested summer drink recipes or poolside reads. We’d love to enjoy them with you. Remember to leave a comment to be entered into this week’s drawing for a $25 Amazon Gift Card.
*Winner must provide a valid email address in order to receive gift card via email. Winner will be announced Monday, June 3rd, 2013. Good luck!