I have always been a dreamer. As a little girl growing up in upstate New York on the shores of Lake Champlain, I enjoyed chasing fireflies, riding my ten-speed bike on winding country roads, and playing horseshoes at family picnics through endless summers. Winter was another kind of adventure for an active kid, with skiing in the Adirondack Mountains, trips to the local public library to feed a voracious reading habit, and ice skating with my siblings on a frozen pond near our childhood home.
Much to the confusion of my peers, I discovered the thrill of storytelling at a young age, often forgetting to differentiate between fact and fantasy. Thankfully my fifth grade teacher encouraged me to memorize poems and create my own—unleashing my inner writer. I soon filled notebooks with stories and observations, teenage angst and dreams.
After graduating from high school, I developed a more practical side. I earned a degree in Writing (Of course!), fell in love with my best friend (Yes!), and now live my own happily-ever-after (Yay!). I enjoy a fulfilling day job where I share my love of language and explore the world one vacation at a time with my two children and real-life hero. Who knew the dream home would include a leaky kitchen faucet, piles of laundry, and a too-hairy cat? But with love, it's all good.
I may not be able to cook to save my life, but I adore whipping up delicious romantic tales for my readers. If you love fast-paced, light yet emotionally satisfying reads, you’ve come to the right place. Connect with me here, through my newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Fun Facts About Me
- I won first place in the first romance writing contest I ever entered which landed me my first experience with an editor and ultimately…my first rejection.
- My writing buddy is a fluffy rescue cat who thinks she’s a dog. She follows me everywhere around the house, including the shower. It’s adorable if not somewhat disconcerting.
- My Key West addiction began over a decade ago. I love riding bikes, learning about the people and the island’s history, back country kayaking, fishing, snorkeling, and being on island time.
- I share my birthday with Jack Prelutsky, the children’s poet. That’s pretty cool since I enjoy writing silly kid poetry whenever I’m not writing romance.
- My forever relationship started with a meet-cute. I needed a leftie baseball glove to play on an intramural team. As a fellow southpaw, my future husband had one to lend.